Slow FPS/Random Jumps'Glitching - Any ideas?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApM

Daemon Poster
Installed Call Of Duty (Single Player) the first ever one Today, thought id give it a go, tried playing on it, its a nightmare, its playable if you like skipping and slowing down every 10seconds or when theres more than one person on the same screen, Anyways..

Heres my computer specs and what possible solutions i've tired;

CPU: Athlon 64 3400+
GPU: Geforce 6600GT 935/532
RAM: 1Gig

I've tired everything I can think of;

- Scanned my PC for Virus's/Malware/Spyware
- Updated DirectX
- Updated Graphics card drivers from Standard version to Beta
- Lowered every setting on the game
- Overclocked the card

- CPU Usage; Steady 20-30
- PF Usage; Stread 530

But yet it still seems to be glitching/skipping when it comes to parts in the game where theres alot of action taken place.

Only thing I can possibly think of is; Overheating?

If anyone can think of any possible answer to this or know any Call Of Duty and Geforce 6600GT Series not mixing, please let me know!

Thanks alot inadvance!
Regards,
ApM.

first try setting it back to stock settings not over clocked. also the 6600 is a bit out dated my friend has that same card and it barley runs CS:S on all high setting without a bit of lag. try running 3dmark05 and see if your scores match up to people with your same card with close to your specs people enjoy showing off their scores so that shouldnt be to hard to make sure everything is running smoothly

i am running the 6800 from xfx and just started playing call of duty and have no problems except the **** germans keep killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom