Why Am I Getting Such Bad FPS!!!!!!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshiromo

Beta member
These are all the specs of my computer they are higher than my old comp but i get much worse fps i used to get 20 fps in obliaon now i can barely get 10 i have all the latest drivers i just dont no wat is wrong!!!!!

Gaming Rig
Manufacturer:
Packard Bell NEC
Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
1022MB RAM
Hard Drive:
160 GB Total
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE
Monitor:
Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:
Realtek HD Audio output
Speakers/Headphones:
Microsoft Headset
Keyboard:
Microsoft PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse:
PS/2 Compatible Mouse
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

ok not a movie fan I guess....

Are you running the graphics on High?
You only have a 6200, so I would suggest using low to mid level graphic detailz

re: PM

It depends on how much you want to spend. You can easily go to a 6800GT and you will see a MAJOR difference...

But that is honestly jus the tip of the GPU iceberg.

6200LE is worse than a 6200. Get a new graphics card. You need at least a 7600GT for Oblivion, and thats if you want medium settings. I wouldn't even consider playing Oblivion on a 6200.

beedubaya said:
6200LE is worse than a 6200. Get a new graphics card. You need at least a 7600GT for Oblivion, and thats if you want medium settings. I wouldn't even consider playing Oblivion on a 6200.

Ditto. The 6200LE blows.

to get back to at least 20 fps in oblivion, your gonna have to turn everything but view distance to low and thats still no guarantee

ya the rest of your system is fine for gaming, get at the very least a 6600gt if you want to stick to a budget but i would recomend the 7600gt.. 1 gig of ram will do you( unless your a hardcore gamer),, dont listen to any1 saying you need 2 gigs to play games,, its only true for ULTRA HIGH settings,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom