Internet Explorer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmaster90

Solid State Member
Ive been having a problem with my IE lately. It worked fine a couple days ago but then when i turned it on it just couldnt load the page (was just showing that it was loading it). The interesting thing is that Opera works fine while IE doesnt. I tried updating IE to the 7th version thinking that that might solve the problem but nothing changed and it just hangs there "loading" the page. Unfortunately its not possible to uninstall/reinstall IE so i dont know what to do here.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Uninstall it via add/remove programs, add/remove windows components

run CCleaner and Cleanup!, reboot, then reinstall it the same way you uninstalled it

That didnt work...
Did evrything just like you said but it still doesnt load any pages.
Is there anything else I can do?

Hello,

Try downloading and running WinSockFix: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

If that doesn't work, make sure all your connections settings in IE options are set properly, including and proxy servers and 'Automatic Configuration' settings in 'LAN Settings' of the connections tab.

Also make sure that IE isn't blocked by your firewall if you're using one.

Next, try Start > Run > Type cmd press enter > Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt press enter...Restart the PC, then try loading a webpage in IE.

try this...sometimes it works.

Start > run > scr/scannow

YOu will need your original Windows disc.

Im using Opera now...I would be happy because its better but some sites dont work with it OR Firefox...so just in case Im left with 1 comop instead of 3 =)
And Im probably not going to be doing something involving reinstalling Windows....
Thanks for the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom