.cab File Error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
Well this happens to all patches I download with .cab files it has to extract, in this case it happens to be the Quake 4 1.3 patch-

"Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, and error reading from the cd, or a problem with this package"

Is there something i need to use/ change to allow .cab files to be extracted?

Well, I am going on a hunch. The date1.cab file seems like I know it. I think it is in windows itself. I am not exactually sure but I have reasenly saw it and didn't think anything of it. Maybe cheak you xp cd and see if the file is damage that it need to use.

Not necessarily, data1.cab is used often and not just in windows. Sounds to me like you downloaded this program and it is unable to extract these cab files. However, if it is a legitimate copy then the problem maybe with the windows installer (due to latest patches). That tends to solve alot of these problems, but if its a corrupt download wont work. Anyhow, best bet is to download the latest windows installer... just check on ms website for windows installer update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom