2.5 HDD Help PLZ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mltk53

Beta member
hi guys..i have a Toshiba 60gb, 5400rpm, 16mb buffer in my dell laptop. For the longest time wenever i move my laptop around, even juss the position, i would hear some hmming noise, and starting about 4 days ago my hdd would make some horrible disturbing noise as if disc was spinning and hitting the edge or something. and since last night, my laptop would have a Hard time starting up and soon, i see this laptop dying on me. so i want to buy a new hdd for my laptop, unless u guys can help me out. i personally never have approached this kind of problem before or even heard of it.

and i have another question, if i have to go and buy a new hdd..what kind should i get? i like the size(60gb), and i want to go with a 7200rpm..but what does the xxmb buffer mean? is it good to have a higher mb buffer or a lower?and what brand is good? i want a brand that'll last me a long time, as toshiba failed on me. PLZ Help! it's urgent. i might go get the hdd later today or early tomorrow. =]

Toshiba has been having problems with the 80 and 60 GB hard drives.
Alot of problems

Best to get a new hard drive.

Just yesterdays my sisters toshiba sattielites hard drive died.

When buying a new Hard drive you shouldnt really worry about the buffer size, but more of the capacity and speed.

Need a recomondation? give me a budget and Il help you out

Lord AnthraX said:
Toshiba has been having problems with the 80 and 60 GB hard drives.
Alot of problems

Best to get a new hard drive.

Just yesterdays my sisters toshiba sattielites hard drive died.

When buying a new Hard drive you shouldnt really worry about the buffer size, but more of the capacity and speed.

Need a recomondation? give me a budget and Il help you out

thnx but i also just wanted to kno what the buffer means and does.

well the buffer is how much data the hd can buffer at one time I think. But any way a 16mb cache is better then a 8mb, so basically more=better performance.

buffer...basically the bigger the cache the faster it is...16mb cache is better than 8mb.

also unless you bought the HDD yourself Dell should replace it for free.

that's what they did for mine on my inspiron 9200 :)

they just diagnosed it (even though i already did) and then sent me a new one so i could install it and i sent the crap one back. all in about 3 days.

jordo_99 said:
buffer...basically the bigger the cache the faster it is...16mb cache is better than 8mb.

also unless you bought the HDD yourself Dell should replace it for free.

that's what they did for mine on my inspiron 9200 :)

they just diagnosed it (even though i already did) and then sent me a new one so i could install it and i sent the crap one back. all in about 3 days.

its dells but i cant do it anymore. my warranty is up. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom