TV out on Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelemming uk

Solid State Member
Hi people (first time poster :) )

This may seem obvious to some, but I want to check before I go out and spend this months rent money. Can a VCR be connected to a TV out port on a video card to record the output instead of displaying it on a TV? I have some friends animation on my PC that I want to share without them having to use a computer.

Thanks in advance.....

my guess is that it is a normal s-video signal which comes out on the tv-out, so you can connect that signal to the tv and the video.

no you cannot do this. your video card must have some kind of video inputs to do this. this requires a cheap TV tuner card ($40) or a VIVO video card. goto your computer local store like circuitcity or bestBUY and ask the salesman what hardware you need to buy to do what you want, they will gladly recommend some specific models for you in your budget range.

i got a video out cord for my video card would that work ona dvd player or vcr or tv or do i have to buy one of those kits aswell

if the tv out is a composite or s video output, you can plug it directly into your video and record, if you can view it on your tv, you can record it on your vcr.

yes, you wont be able to to record things of the air. since there is no video in.

IMHO with just video out you can record stuff like animations, yourself playing some RT game.

oops i must learn to read the question before i reply. he's right all you need to do is hook up the output from the video card to the input of the VCR and you can record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom