H2O: explain plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

crspii

In Runtime
just explain water cooling to me. i really like the sound of it.
any advice or ANYTHING jsut tell. dont be lazy and give me a link to something, unless its to a good water cooling system.

Hmmmm basics...

Its the idea of cooling a system using water. Thusly you eliminate 90% of the noise generated by fans (which are pretty much all the noise from a PC anyway).

You use a small water pump to supply water to a waterblock which is commonly on the processor, GPU (vid card) and chipset. You chain the hoses in a layout that is smartest (more important parts get the cooler water) since the water naturally would warm as it passes thru the system. It makes its way back and passes into a resivoir then a radiator to cool and mix the liquid.

The blocks are commonly copper and have a variety of milled designs to dissipate heat. The radiator is generally small... the size of a 120mm fan, and the resivoir can be a variety of things. Ive seen everything from tuperware to coke bottles to retail ones that fit in a 5.25 bay. The liquid is distilled water with additives like WaterWetter or coolant.

Its pricey and takes aloooooot of discipline for upkeep, but it keeps temps lower than air cooling and cuts back dramatically on noise.

Any other questions regarding specifics feel free to ask.

thx a bunch for the link and reviews. i knowmore... but not enough to put water in my comp. hehehe. any way i prolly wont need this until i can overclock well. thx

I got watercooling. again dont anyone look at my sig :(. When i heard the word "water" in a computer im like yea sure thats the most stupidest idea ever... but really its not. If you set it up right you bacisally cant have any leaks. But what it bacisally is, you have a take of water. Then a waterpump. Then the radiator. The water flows through the radiator and there is usally a fan cooling it off. (just like a car) exactly like a car that is. it goes into ur case, into a waterblock and cools off ur CPU. Then it goes back into the tank and does the same process over and over again. Im running antifreeze in mine now. I seem to see that it runs alittle cooler and it does not evaporate as quickly as water. So this is really a good thing.

how do you like the aquaris III, and do they make it for AMD socket A (athlon 3000+)? I'd be very interested in that system; hovever, i read a review of the athlon chip (for kix) and here's what i found: "Yes, its multiplier locked, but running at 180 X 13 = 2.345GHz with default voltage and stock heat sink and fan.

Athlon XP 3000+ 180 X 13 = 2.345GHz
Asus A7N8X deluxe, year old pre-2.0 version
512Meg Crucial pc3200 @ 5-2-2-2"

May consider staying with stock everything (including cpu heatsink and fan) and OCing...

i dont know too much about OCing but if your gonna OC i would get a watercooling kit. I like it a lot. I actully modded my aquarius III. I put a extra radiator in it and a extra fan in the back so it looks it even more. But i really like the external design. I chose this becuase it looks really cool and its so simple to setup. The waterblock it comes with, is a universal block. So you can use it on intel, AMD, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom