how do you install mac os x on vmware workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I need to convert an ipod from fat32 to hps or something like that (mac version). I also want to install the mac on my pc. how do I do it?

Law said:
How about this http://buddhistnerd.blogspot.com/2006/06/namaste-friends.html

I think you should format the IPod in a Mac OS, I don't know what HPS is, you mean HFS+?, I'm not a Mac guy. But I'm pretty sure you need to use a Mac OS, or I think Mac OS can recognize and write to FAT32 partition. Not sure...ask one of the Mac guys.

thanks.

hfs is what I mean. I need to reinstall os x on a machine. yet it is dvd rom and the ibook has a cd rom drive. you can copy the mac os x content on an ipod formatted as hfs and it will boot from the ipod and you can reinstall os x on it

I see what you are talking about, but I think the easiest way is to do it in a Mac OS (if you can find someone who has a Mac), even if you formated the IPod from a Mac, Windows probably won't be able to recognize it to be able to transfer the DVD content. If you already have the DVD content in the IPod and it's FAT32, converting it to HFS will require you to format which will make you lose the data. Unless there's a software for Windows to able to do this, I'm pretty sure the easy route is to use someone's else Mac.

Law said:
I see what you are talking about, but I think the easiest way is to do it in a Mac OS (if you can find someone who has a Mac), even if you formated the IPod from a Mac, Windows probably won't be able to recognize it to be able to transfer the DVD content. If you already have the DVD content in the IPod and it's FAT32, converting it to HFS will require you to format which will make you lose the data. Unless there's a software for Windows to able to do this, I'm pretty sure the easy route is to use someone's else Mac.

I have 3 ipods. I know that I would lose data. my thinking is that I would format it within the virtual mac, then use it on the ibook then restore it back to fats32

you are right. I need to find somebody with a mac.

ok, I now have a dual boot pc, MAC configuration. I just use acronis disk director (with everest to see if my amd 64 processor had sse2 and sse3, which made it compatible) with a new tutorial from somebody.

I formatted the ipod to hfs. it still wouldn't boot the laptop.

I learn how to get to bios (option+command+O+F), but it was some crazy unix stuff. it was set to boot only from the hdd, I couldn't change it for the world.

I quit.

If anybody need the dual boot mac pc tutorial, pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom