Tip for people who think their proc runs hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hey guys,

This probably sounds a bit noobish, (we have to start somewhere), but today, I was considering buying a new stock hsf (the new amd one with heatpipes), so first I thought, I better check how easy it is for mine to come off, (it turns out, it seems stuck to the processor...)

Anyway, so I wiggled the HSF around a bit, until I heard a kind of un-sticking sound, (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Now, my proc, at 1.3vcore, (stock), ran idle at about 49-51, which was just ridiculous, so I undervolted it, (?), and i got it down to like 44-46, so I dealt with that, (have been since easter), so now that I've sort've 're-seated' the HSF, my temps are like 36-38, so I'm very happy, when I first fitted it, it must've been a bit off somehow!

I'm still considering the heatpipe cooler...

Anyway, you probably all knew this, but I'll spread it anyway!

Charlie -

Yeah, you have to be sure there are no pockets of air in the thermal paste when you put it on the CPU. that's why I always find it's best to leave a blob in the middle when appplying AS5 instead of spreading it out, because it'll spread out on it's own, and it rarely ever leaves air pockets.

Mine was just with the Thermal pad that came stuck on the bottom of the HSF, but still I appreciate that that could happen with a paste...!

well I cant even seem to get the hsf off of my cpu, cause the latches are always stuck. SO that concenrs me when I get my zalman??? any ideas on getting the stocker off of a amd s939??

You have to use a screw driver and basically pry it off. The latches I mean, not the heatsink. :p

Once you pry one off, it will pop off.

I've undone the clips on mine, but it still feels fairly stuck, does the thermal pad become slightly stuck to the cpu? would it be alright to just pull at it?

I HATE taking the stock AMD HSF's off. I ripped the CPU out of the socket with the latch still closed the last time I did it, and then had to pry the CPU off of the HSF with a razor blade. But now I've got my trusty Zalman CNPS fan on again.

WorldIndustries said:
I HATE taking the stock AMD HSF's off. I ripped the CPU out of the socket with the latch still closed the last time I did it
Join the club man, that's exactly what I did too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom