Computer gets blue screen over and over!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiSki17

Beta member
My computer is a relatively new machine have had it maybe a year. Have had no probs till now. The machine starts to load windows then gets the blue screen for half a second then restarts itself over and over again. It wont even boot in safe mode. I do not have the recovery disk. I have no idea how to correct this problem. I am up to any suggestions. I thought maybe there is a way to create a boot disk to somehow fix the errors. But I have no clue. Any and all help is appreciated. thnx in advance!!

Hello,

When the blue screen appears, are you presented with an error code, driver or message of some kind?

Also, is your OS Windows XP?

the screen doesnt even stay up long enough to see the error message and yes it is Windows Xp!

Re:

Hello,

Alright. First thing I would do is remove any unnecessary hardware devices (internally and externally). Internally, remove any PCI cards inside the PC, but keep your graphics card in if your using once :p. Externally, remove all devices connected to the PC apart from your keyboard and monitor.

Boot the PC and if the problem occurs again, then power off the PC, and clear the BIOS CMOS by removing the lithium battery from the motherboard for a minute or two, then placing it back. Power up the PC again and see what happens.

Failing that, the next thing I would do is to check the hard drive for any errors. You'll need a Windows XP Setup Disc for this. Place it in the drive. Power up the PC, and go into the BIOS settings. Make sure that your CD-ROM drive is set as the primary boot device. Save any changes made in BIOS settings, then restart the PC...

...Then, when prompted to, press any key on the keyboard to boot into the CD. Once loaded, select to enter into the Recovery Console. Log into the Windows partition, then at command prompt, type chkdsk x: /r where x: is the drive with Windows installed.

If you don't know the drive letter, it should be displayed at the top of the screen as x:\Windows\ as the logon partition.

Failing that...post back :D.

cesarin said:
thanx.....would this apply to a laptop as well

Yep if it has XP installed. Do you see a particular error code, description or a driver name when the blue screen appears?

Also just to make sure, can you access safe mode? And have you made any particular changes to the system recently (like installed new hardware or software)?

no new hardware or softare....yes it has xp..its a gateway laptop..no i can't acces none of the safe mode options...it will reboot and im taling its up for about one second and boom restarts and it will just loop and keepo doing the same thing..And i tried to do repair install but it wouldnt let me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom