major windows xp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunlove

Solid State Member
now to start off this morning i woke up and i saw my monitor flash off and on repeated every 10 seconds or so and gave me an error page saying i needed to restart my pc and i was forced to do so after my pc was restarted and after it gets to the point to loading windws, it gives me the error

that im missing or is corrupted

system32/drivers/ntfs.sys ......

it tells me to restart my pc and use my windows xp cd (home)

and repair this (also went online to see what i need to do when i get ther)

WELL....

i do this process i change my bios to first boot from cd it works...
it does it process louds all te drivers, and then it just about starts the setup ....

then *blue screen* WTH?

the error reads

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and reads on about remove any new hardware (which ther is non that i just istalled) or unistall any new prgrams( which i cant because i cant get into windws beause im missing/corrupted that one file)

also reads on

STOP: 0x0000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x0000000,0x00000000,0xF73DB11A)

acpi.sys - address F73DB1A base at F73c6000, DATA stamp 3d6dd69f

and another note i tried this on another hard drive/ i plugged in my other hard drive and used my winodws xp cd i get the same error now im thinking its a bois problem ???

any comments that may be causing this ive never had anything this complicated before i may try downgrading my bois and see if that does anything or if my acpi.sys anythign to do with it and yeas acpi is enabled and ACPI suspend type is S1&S3 (if that matters)

well i did it it worked to were i see the windows command prompted but b4 i get any further it flashes a blue screen at me jus for a second then restarts so cant see what it says in time.i cant do safe mode it louds all te fules includindg the ntfs.sys, which may means that is fixed so that is good news... i may unistall my graphic card drivers and try again see if this may be another problem...

memtest86? that a prgram or somthing in bois? because i cant even get winows to loud mybe i could try putting an old stick of ram in Oo

last night i ment to post that i got the ntfs.sys file replaced and my winodws went a little bit further but it flashes a blue screen just for a second just past the winodws main loud screen , i tried safe mode and it goes through but b4 it goes into windws it restarts my compute :/

Gunlove said:

the error reads

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and reads on about remove any new hardware (which ther is non that i just istalled) or unistall any new prgrams( which i cant because i cant get into windws beause im missing/corrupted that one file)

also reads on

STOP: 0x0000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x0000000,0x00000000,0xF73DB11A)

acpi.sys - address F73DB1A base at F73c6000, DATA stamp 3d6dd69f

this is usually a ram error. google memtest86.

sometime it is 2 programs conflicting with each other

yeap thanks EricB one of my ram sticks / out of 2 is dead, i pulled them both out, tried them each one said could nto find anyting plugged in keybourd/mouse etc... other louded fine

thank god its corsiar life time warnity :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom