Show Me The Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
I always wanted to try the overclocking but could never get the PC stay stable. The problem is that I do not get the how it works. I do not understand how the relationship between the FSB, CPU Voltage, Core Voltage, RAM, Ram Voltage, RAM Timing works. So I probably end up selection incorrect settings.

I am in the process of upgrading my PC right now and so far I only got the following:

Conroe E6600
OCZ - OCZ2P8002GK - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227089

I am also going to get the P5B Deluxe/WiFi mobo.

Now, I am not asking to tell me how to do the overclocking, but I am asking if you can point me to the right place where I get some explanation on how to do it; how to calculate all the necessary clocks, FSB, Voltages, etc. I know that the memory I got will need to be manually set in the BIOS. So maybe there are some examples for better understanding.

Thanks.

Well, I like to overclock myself and have become very good at it, what i usually do is crank the fsb up a little at a time, when it becomes unstable, i increase the voltage to the cpu (not much) and the voltage to the ram, then push a little further, when it becomes unstable again, i lower the speed of the ram (the increased fsb increases the ram speed), and also lower the bus speed from 1000 - 800 because the increased fsb will put it back around 1000 anyways, so far i went from 2.2ghz to 3.01ghz...

Remember **keep a watch on the temps of your processor** After market cooler is recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom