some guidlines please

Status
Not open for further replies.

keghams

Beta member
Hi all,
I know I am bad when it comes to computers, however, last night I took apart my laptop so I would know the model # of the motherboard, ( the guy who sold the computer to me did not provide any recovery CDs in case if i want to format it)
so I took apart every single pieces of the laptop, I got the model # and reassembled it. but there was one problem, the fan's cable broke, and I decided not to put it in, until I buy a new one. after I assembled it I tried to fire it up, and guess what, this message has come up saying client MAC addr and some numbers
then the next line DHCP: no DHCP or proxy offers received
then PXE-MOF: exiting intel PXE ROM
and these messages kept going 2-3 times then it got shut off.
well, I know I did something wrong, do you guys think that this happened because I didn't hook up the fan? or it is something else?

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate your thoughts

You always want the fan, especially in a laptop, you are lucky that you didnt blow anything lol, this "is" the reason why your getting the error, replace the fan asap, in the mean time, dont turn it on lol.

I kind of sounds like its trying to boot from the network card. Check the BIOS and make sure it is set to boot from the hard drive first. If it is it may not be seeing your drive (maybe thanks to you) and trying the next in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom