Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Model:e6300
Motherboard:DS3
Vcore:stock
Cooling:stock
Stability:fine

running @ 2.45GHZ, super pi is 23 seconds. Primed for 24 hours, everything is fine. My games keep crashing though, but I suspect it is the video card.

Auto will set a ratio to get the memory to run at its rated speed. Only DDR2-533 memory would be 1:1 on auto setting.

I suggest you set 1:1 manually, then overclock to see where that puts the memory. The penalty of running at a non-1:1 ratio is pretty high for Intels.

all you rich people and your C2D, you leave me with a P4 prescott behind in benchmarks, please donate all unused e6300/e6600, thank you :p

well, i r planning on getting a e6300 since i have a rosewill Z2 fan.

I can't seem to get the FSB above 378, but here's the weird part, it's totally stable at 378x9, I can run Prime95 all week long, it's that stable. One mhz up and Windows crashes, and if I do it in the BIOS, it wont post, then it will try again and settings with be reset.

I mean, I'm happy and all with 3.4Ghz, and I can run it on stock cooling, as it never gets above 52 at FULL FULL load, but I'd like to get to 4Ghz if possible. :p

Any other tips? I've messed around with RAM and voltage and nothing seems to work. :(

mophead740 said:
meh
look kwik
someone who cares
If it does not interest you, maybe staying out of the OC section would be a good choice for you. :rolleyes:

The General said:
I can't seem to get the FSB above 378, but here's the weird part, it's totally stable at 378x9, I can run Prime95 all week long, it's that stable. One mhz up and Windows crashes, and if I do it in the BIOS, it wont post, then it will try again and settings with be reset.

I mean, I'm happy and all with 3.4Ghz, and I can run it on stock cooling, as it never gets above 52 at FULL FULL load, but I'd like to get to 4Ghz if possible. :p

Any other tips? I've messed around with RAM and voltage and nothing seems to work. :(

Ok. Lets see. Try loosing the ram timings a little bit. Also you might need more voltage.

Im guessing your at 1.45?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom