monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
jordo_99 said:
no. i could be wrong but i look at TV res a lot when shopping for them and i've seen HD tv's with only 1024-800 (not the actual res but just an estimate) and around there whereas you can buy

and btw i'm kicking my own butt right now.

i went to that site for the stuck pixels...tapped a really annoying green on oh so softly...gone. wish i woulda tried that a long time ago. thanks to whoever posted that.

No problem :)

hmm...the stuck pixel is back...lol

i guess it wants to stay stuck or something.

it just flickers back on about 5 sec after i tab/rub it.

i got too excited to wait and see if it comes back or not before typing the message

i kept rubbing the pixel and it disappeared to a dark green. But it's still there. if I turn off the monitor for a long time, it comes back. maybe i'll try to jscreenfix.

Khann said:
I thought all monitors could display HD? :S Isn't high definition just a high resolution?
No. These HD monitors have to have the HD decoder to actually be able to display HD.

I am thinking of selling my 2 monitors. They are the ones in my sig, both are in perfect condition without a single bad pixel. Let me know if u are interested. I want to get as much as I can for them but I won't charge as much as a paid or what they are going for new on newegg so you would be gettin a deal. Cheers.

EDIT: Ok in case you don't want to have to look through my sig here is their info:

Not a single bad pixel on them and I have been extremely happy with their performance.

First: View Sonic VP930b black 19" 8ms LCD

Second: View Sonic VP191b black 19" 8ms LCD

zero88 said:
No. These HD monitors have to have the HD decoder to actually be able to display HD.
Hmm isn't it the graphics card that has to encode/decode the HD, not the monitor?

yeah i'm pretty sure it's the GPU doing the encoding as well. it just has to be an HD monitor for it to be in HD

Khann said:
Hmm isn't it the graphics card that has to encode/decode the HD, not the monitor?
The graphics card encodes it in HD. The monitor has to have the decoder to display it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom