Need Help Badly Laptop Problem!!!! Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

93' Eclipse

Beta member
Hey Guys, Well, I need to find a 15.5-17" Mac Powerbook Hi-def or regular type monitor screen only for the powerbook.

I have a 400 dollar budget and my screen is broken, I just need to replace it with a new 15.5-17" Mac Powerbook Screen. Perferibly Hidef if they make them.

Can anyone sell me one, tell me a store who has them, or find one on ebay? Ive looked everywhere.

Thanks.

Josh

PS lol, If I can find one, I will make 100 dollars cash by simply finding the screen somewhere online.

Also, It is for the G4, and it has to be used or brand new but it CANT say " I havent tested this screen due to" because it needs to work. So, Again the Powerbook G4 15.5-17" Laptop Screen, will buy for anywhere to 400 dollars

Ok, thanks so much for that ebay link to the screen. I am going to go with that brand new screen, but part of the deal of me getting my 100 dollars is to find out exactly what a "inverter" is, and how hard it is to change the screen itself on the laptop.

Are there any 1-20 numberd guides on how to step by step change the screen to the laptop??

That would be hugley appreciated.

So again the final answers I need before I can collect my 100 dollars is

1. What is an "inverter" on a laptop

2. How hard is it to change a laptops screen? 1-10 scale 10 being hardest
and
3. Are there any guides, or how to's on changing a laptops screen perfibily guided upon the mac G4 powerbook??

Please reply asap, the faster I can learn these things the faster I can make my 100 bucks lol. ;) :cool:

I'm confused with your questions. Why would you need to figure out those questions to use $100?

1) Try google searching
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverter

2) it is very easy if you do not mind taking apart the laptop. Which might lead to a broken plastic holder or two as you pry off the bezzle. (i've only worked on IBM Thinkpads, I do not know about macs)

3) there probably are several, try googleing replacing laptop screens.
http://www.fonerbooks.com/laptop_4.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom