which would have a better pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, the CRT, top one, would have a better looking picture, just from looking at the spechs.
This is for two reasons, the CRT has a higher resolution, and a smaller dot pitch.

CRTs are better at black then LCDs, but LCDs are catching up quickly, also CRTs dont' have ghosting for games, but do have burn in, while LCDs done.

Other thing you have to consider is brand name. cheap generic models are probably not as good as the name brand. Although Daewoo is decent and so is Envision. I personally went with the 915N Samsung when I upgraded.

The biggest this is cost and space. if you need to save space, pick the lcd, if you have lots of space, need the crisp clear images of a CRT and the true blackness of a CRT as well as the no ghosting, then go with that.

ok thanks alot that was really helpfull i think i am going to go with the CRT cause i am not short on space and i didn't know that LCDs don't have a good black which i need a good black

What? Obsolete or not, CRT's are better quality, cheaper, and more reliable.

LCD's just take up less space, produce less heat, and are costing less.

They also are alot easier on the eyes
What do you plan on doing with this monitor? CRTs for the most part are better performers.

General this is quite contradictory, no? :p

CRT's are...cheaper

LCD's... are costing less

hard to say. I went with the LCD for a few reasons,
1), small and i have limited space
2), they are getting better for gaming, some are down to 2ms responce, which is absolutely fast. very little if any ghosting on those. (i have a 8ms and i have not noticed any ghosting, however, my grphics card doesn't supoprt the games that would ghost).
3) they cost less as they use up less energy
4) CRTs are becoming obsolete.
5) they are easier on the eyes if you plan to spend along time on them.

for the downsides, i decided that the blackness wasn't worth it, and I could deal with the cost, ($350 monitor).

Upsides for the CRT where
1) cheaper
2) better blackness
3) better performance for cheaper models. some LCDs are up there with CRTs, but they cost more.

downsides are
1) use more electricity to run
2) are very big
3) are harder on your eyes
4) are becoming obsolete
5)hard to get rid of when you upgrade again.

Lost of cons and pros for each side. I personally prefer the LCD, and all the high end gamers that I know use LCDs instead of CRTs, although we are all in the dorms... (limited space). Its kinda up to you, but i know that looking at CRTs now makes my eyes hurt after having the LCD for a year....

Just my opinons.

Hope that helps.

------edit -------

One thing you can try, is go store shopping, look at the displays that they have of the LCDs and CRTs and compare. adjust the brightness to about what you use now, and decide. even if you buy online, the building stores are great to try things out and see what looks like it will work for you. Bring a dvd or a sample disk, and see if the colors are to your liking and such.

I always hear that the best way to determine if that monitor is what you want is to acturally look at it.

ok yes that was very helpful also i don't know if i will be able to compare i don't know of any places around here that I would be able to compare the two. Yeah i live in that small of a town lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom