Which way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm...this may be really stupid question, but why do you need to upgrade again? X2 4400 w/ 2GB of RAM? i'd say upgrade your other components and wait for the next gen. though if you've got that much money already invested into a computer you probably already know that your processor and ram aren't the parts bottlenecking your computer.

if you want more speed (probably don't need it but oh well) then consider upgrading ram to 3 or 4Gb if you're on lynix or XP pro x64.

but honestly if you upgrade to AM2 or conroe it'll just be a waste of money for you right now cuz you've already got a better processor and more ram than you really need (most likely depending on useage)

jordo_99 said:
umm...this may be really stupid question, but why do you need to upgrade again? X2 4400 w/ 2GB of RAM? i'd say upgrade your other components and wait for the next gen. though if you've got that much money already invested into a computer you probably already know that your processor and ram aren't the parts bottlenecking your computer.

if you want more speed (probably don't need it but oh well) then consider upgrading ram to 3 or 4Gb if you're on lynix or XP pro x64.

but honestly if you upgrade to AM2 or conroe it'll just be a waste of money for you right now cuz you've already got a better processor and more ram than you really need (most likely depending on useage)

You will away waiting if you want next gen... Now is the time to buy. Prices are great and there is nothing you can't on a $1500 if you build it.

Greetings,

jordo_99 wrote: "umm...this may be really stupid question, but why do you need to upgrade again? X2 4400 w/ 2GB of RAM? i'd say upgrade your other components and wait for the next gen. though if you've got that much money already invested into a computer you probably already know that your processor and ram aren't the parts bottlenecking your computer".

I 'm in the process of putting together a C2D system. It's not really about getting something faster, gaining 2000 points in 3DMark06 or upping ones FPS by 10-15 frames.

I speak only for myself, I just love to mess around with technology. Computers are amazing! Look at all that is rendered and computed from and with only 2 discrete states.

It's more exploratory.

Respectfully, Syrillian

P.S. I take EVERYTHING apart!

TriEclipse said:
If youre lucky, this 2.2Ghz processor will overclock to 2.6Ghz, or somewhere around there.

Uhh, sure you can believe that if you want. I can easily get my X2 3800 to 2.945GHz and my old Athlon up to 3.015GHz. 2.2 to 2.6 is considered mild and a lot of CPU's can do much better than that. Oh yea this is all with value ram.

Thanks for all the advice, one thing that I did not mention is I don't do any overclocking , nor do I even know how. I play some games and the rest is just general stuff. I know that I'll never have the best system because tomorrows technolgy is always changing. I guess what I'm trying to ask is it worth the upgrade to AM2 or just wait until next year . once again thanks for your help.

Yes, It will be about two years for new tecnologgy to come out, but if you can afford conroe go for that, better and faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom