Customize Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
i was wondering what customization programs arent adware and wont take many system resources i would also prefer it to not have a startup process and if it does than have it use very little memory.

Customization as in adding a new theme with different icon images and all that yes?
If so.. Window Blinds 5 is a good program, even the trial software has all the required features you need to customize windows. You basically download themes / packs etc, load it onto window blinds 5, and it'll apply it onto your pc.
Another program is vista transformation pack 5, I'm using this right now, it's totally adaware spyware w/e free and it's great, really brightens up your desktop:p

does windows blinds use any startup processes or does it just swap it out as the theme for windows at startup where there is no startup process required.

vista trans pack is basically follow the install steps, and your done, I prefer that over windows blinds

www.virtualplastic.net

Im using windows 2k and make my own color schemes to match my wallpaper. My current:

im also using TransText to make the background color of my icon text transparent and the text black so u cant see it on my wallpaper. Usually i dont have all thoes random files and so i would just have the icons along the top, making a getto ObjectDock.

WindowsBlinds 5 just replaces the Theme with the selected on on startup. Basically like switching the UXTheme.dll as some one suggested. But with WB5 you get the per pixel shading which allows for the "Glass like effect"

The Vista Trans pack can be good. But it cant be removed easily since it replaces some critical XP files. Then your XP becomes corrupt and you have to repair it.

The UXTheme replacer is ok. If you know what you are doing with it. Plus it doesnt give the per pixel which can offer the "Transparency" style of Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom