1 inch or 2? (case window)

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh

In Runtime
Hey, gonna add a window to my old Pentium 3 HP computer, wondering if i should use a 1inch or 2inch barrier. I was thinkin 1 because the panel is about an inch smaller in height and 2 in width that a normal case siding, its a microATX case I think. The information page is found Here . Though Im worried about about it breaking from being too weak but if im adding like a 1/4 or 1/8 piece of plexiglass as the window wont that make up for the strength lose? (not completely, but hold it together). Anyway this is what i was thinking to cut out:
http://welsh.phpnet.us/photos/P8270243.JPG
If one inch wont work, would 1.5 work? id rather not go 2 because it would make it pretty small.

Last edited by a moderator:
You shouldn't have a problem with strength so long as you don't drop it or abuse it. Just sitting in the computer it should be fine.

I think 1 inch looks good.

EDIT: What about making a design? Instead of just a big open area, make an X maybe, or some other design. That would keep the side panel a little beefier, and I think it would look a bit better.

i would, but im going to pick up a piece of proxyglass and etch a design on it which will be a fair size and then stick glow inside so it will stand out when its dark, otherwise id probaly would, but thanks for the suggestion and the help.

well I have a really big case that I am messing with right now, And I was able to leaf a 3 inch buffer. it is still super strong, but it is also one that is like all three sides of the computer that you have to wrestle off :)

well, i cut it out as seen here:
http://welsh.phpnet.us/photos/P8270249.JPG
and well its still pretty strong as it is, i think the metal is thicker than most case sides. Still gotta sand the inside edges to smooth it out. I love my new dremel :D, now stupid store being shut i cant go get the proxyglass or the paint for it. (Nova Scotia is the only province in canada without sunday shopping)

Looks good so far, get some more pictures when you're finished! And you're wrong about NS being the only province in Canada without Sunday shopping, us unlucky folks in PEI got the short end of the stick as well.

Yea, gonna buy some primer, spray paint and sand paper tommorrow to prime it and such after its been cut out, ive got the garage clear for a few days so im able to spray without interuption. Probally gonna make it black, thinking adding some red glow for the interior.

Awesome, black and red go together perfectly. I just got a new case in the mail the other day and yesterday I added 2 red led antec fans and 23 red led's in it around the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom