Slowwwwww bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
during bootup my computer sits at the windows logo screen for like 2 minuits, like 40 passes of the little blue bar. now a few days ago before this would happen it would boot up in about 5 passes of the bar. i dont know why this could be does anybody else?

also microsoft is telling me my copy of windows is no genuine when i know it is. i dont really care if they think im geinuine or not so i just click fix it later. could this be part of my problem?

yea msconfig is all good. but actually yeah, i installed another cd/dvd rw drive today. just kindof threw it in there.

lol 2 drives are running on one ide cable one on the master position and one on the slave. can you even do that? or is that just for hard drives. lol i diddnt really think about it, just kindof threw it in.

actually you know what it oculd be, the little jumper on the back, its in the master position while being plugged into slave i just relized that. let me try and fix it.

just letting you know, dvd burners seem to like being on slave in my runnings with the dvd-rom on master (thats how mine is)

the dvd rom is now on slave and it diddnt help at all. im thinkin about just hooking a seperate IDE cable up to it and putting it in cable select mode.

the only thing thatworked was unpluging the dvd drive completely. dont know why. but i just boot up then plug it in after windows startup :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom