Dual core vs. Single

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudkins said:
The FX-57 in the OP.

And Benny, isn't a 2.0GHz AMD about equal to a 3.0GHz intel? I've had that confirmed a lot, here, friends, and experience.

Take the AMD GHz and divide by .77. So 2GHz and divide it by .77 and you get 2.6GHz of AMD.

Hence the 1.86GHz / .7 equals 2.41Ghz of AMD

Conroe, hands down. The 2.0ghz AMD is equal to a 3.0ghz Intel is being compared to a Pentium 4, not the conroe. The conroe is the best on the market right now, and pretty **** cheap.

another vote for conroe, even the bottom of the line conroes spank the best AMD chips with just a little overclocking.

Basically if you're looking for performance then your choice is only *which* Conroe.

YEAHHHH But still your bottleneck will be with a gpu on most games and most gpus regardless. I mean my fps in FEAR (68 fps) is not being held back by a "slow processor" lol.

Norcent said:
so conroe is great for gaming?
And just about everything else. It completely obliterates AMD chips in certain encoding tasks, because it has some added features to support them.

Yeesh people, Conroe is AWESOME yes, but it is not god's gift to the technology world, in about a year or two AMD will come out with something and everyone will be singing its praises and saying Conroe sucks. As of this moment Conroe is the BEST yes, but in all truth my CPU never maxes out so it is not like I need to upgrade any time soon.

I agree completely Tri, but with budgets less than 1,100 that include buying a monitor and a legal OS, I have found you need an AM2 if you still plan on having a good system, most of the C2D Mobos are a bit pricey still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom