Overclocking 7900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
i was going to download and use coolbits to over clock my graphics card but first i wanted to know what could happen to it. i plan to let the program set the frequencies for me.

EDIT: also is there a better way besides coolbits to overclock that you have used.

atitool. Thats what I use and I'm at 550/780. But ahhh...don't expect earth shattering increases. my fps in fear went from 68 to 73...yippy. :rolleyes:

I'd say just overclock yourself and you will be much safer, auto overclocking programs have been known to choose bad overclocks that can be damaging.

Just do it yourself, 5 mhz at a time until you get artifacts, then back off a bit.

umm... i didnt think so? i thought only the artifact scanner part worked, and the OCing was all disabled...

anyway, basically, i would keep it below 80*C for peace of mind, and just slowly increase the frequencies untill it gets too hot, or artifacts. do one at a time, ie, take the core to its max, and then the memory. (5MHz increasements? pah... that would take all day. i usually use 20MHz... muuaahaha.)

stock voltage.
stock: 450/600
OC: 560/800
load temps: 67*C

the wiki documentation says that atitool only works on ati for OC'ing and nvidia for detecting artifacting... i asked this question yesterday...
some1 told me that the beta .25 (i think) will allow you to oc your 7900, i'm going to check it out tonight (if i get the time) or tomorrow

cwiz said:
the wiki documentation says that atitool only works on ati for OC'ing and nvidia for detecting artifacting... i asked this question yesterday...
some1 told me that the beta .25 (i think) will allow you to oc your 7900, i'm going to check it out tonight (if i get the time) or tomorrow

The beta .25 is working for me to overclock my nvidia 6600LE so it probs should work with any nvidia card [even tho version changelog for .25 says that it now has support for nvidia cards whilst the log for .24 says nothing for nvidia]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom