windows wont go past splash screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominican2589

Baseband Member
I have a problem. My computer starts up normally until it gets to the part where "Windows XP" shows up with the blue loading bar. When it gets to that screen, there is a few secs of harddrive activity and then it suddently just stops. THe screen stays the same wit the blue thing moving. I am getting no errors or anything. I am able to boot up into safe mode just fine. I can still get my files and everything. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Could it be that a file just went corrupt? Manybe a way to reload a fresh version of the file? There is nothing I can think of that made this happen. The only thing done was creat a new account and then after creating the account is when the problem happened. I even tried a system restore to about 2 weeks ago and nothing. The same thing happens

THis has happened to me before. I was able to fix it for a few more boot ups by doing a system restore but then the same thing would happened. The only way i was able to fix it was by reinstalling windows again and i do not want to do that unless if it is my last option. can anyone help me?

it is XP home

it will just rinstall over the one you have it may reset a few visual setting but your data will still be there so long as you do the repair properly.

the pc i am having a problem with is an emachines, they did not give me and XP cd, just restore cds. i do have an xp from my dell pc. will this matter as long as i use my emcachines product key? will this also affect me if i use the dell cd and i want to do a restore from the restore protion on my harddrive on my emachines?

it shouldnt you are just doing a repair if you where formatting this would be a diffent story. i dont even think it will ask for a product key or anything. it may though so be ready with the key it should be on a sticker on the machine.

ohhh to be honest i dont know. what i am almost possotive of though is it will install sp1 and then you will just need to apply the service pack again.

ok well i first the problem by just doing a complete format. but now i am having the same problem once again. this is the 3rd time it has done it to me. What could be the problem? the haddrive or just the PC itself?

try a low level format on the drive as well as run a check disk and repair any sectors. then if that doesnt work replace it. could also be bad ram try testing the ram with memtest86+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom