Going with intel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
Well, I have been fealling that my first pc's specs were not that good, compared to what I could get...
MoBo EPoX EP-MF570SLI
Case XION XION _ Solaris XON-403
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor
GPU eVGA 512-P2-N568-AR 7900GT KO 512MB
Ram CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2
Hdd Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB
CD/DVD LITE-ON Black x2
Cooling APEVIA(ASPIRE) CF12SL-UGN 120mm x2
PSU Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W
Extra Microsoft Keyboard + Mouse

So I decided to go with intel's duo core and It is more expensive but I don't mind. I will just have to get some overtime. Also I went with Ati. This computer will be built around the christmas area. I want to get done before christmas. Here are my specs...

MoBo ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T
Case XION XION _ Solaris XON-403
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe
GPU SAPPHIRE 100149L Radeon X1900XT 512MB
Ram CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2
Hdd Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB
CD/DVD LITE-ON Black x2
Cooling APEVIA(ASPIRE) CF12SL-UGN 120mm x2
PSU Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W
Extra Microsoft Keyboard + Mouse

I havn't caculated the price because I am scared to. I don't want to go much over this. I am also hopeing by christmas the prices will go down $250-$300, but I am just wishing. Do you think that this will be a great build.
P.S. Already got the case so I am staying with this case.

Well, I want it to be around the same price for the ram. $220. Don't incude rebates because they will be out of date. I also plan on going crossfire once I get the money for two screens. Also plan on get one more gb of ram in a year or so. I also plan on overclcking the thing like mad so does have any suggestions.

I have a question about my gpu. Since it has two outputs can I run video through my 52in tv. (has moniter input) and on my LCD 19in at the same time. Once I get the 19in.

Dr DMoney said:
I also plan on going crossfire once I get the money for two screens. Also plan on get one more gb of ram in a year or so. I also plan on overclcking the thing like mad so does have any suggestions.

I have a question about my gpu. Since it has two outputs can I run video through my 52in tv. (has moniter input) and on my LCD 19in at the same time. Once I get the 19in.

you dont need 2 screens for going crossfire, unless yu want 2 monitors, which i heard is nice.

if your already getting 2gb of RAm dont get another gb, windows Xp only handles 3gb, but it handles 2gb better.

and, im pretty sure that if the 52in tv has a monitor plug it'll work with your GPU, that'd be nice to have a 52in monitor.

I know it will work. I have my old and broken pc huked up to it. I am just wonding if I can the same thing on both screens with one card. Like when I get a 19 moniter.

xms2 is GREAT ram from what i heard. People have been getting stable clocks with 1100mhz.

And I am getting the extra gb of ram when a few months after vista comes out. So it would be a while.

If you were to upgrade the RAM at a later date, 1gb seems pointless. You'd really be better of whacking another 2gb in to get yourself 4gb.

4GB would be pointless as you will never utilize that much RAM. Plus, WindowsXP will only recognize 3GB max.

Vista will though... This machine is going to be build around vista. I am buying vista the day it comes out. Not to add that on my price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom