Building myself a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll have no problem finding a complete set up for under $500.

I'm using a P-4 myself, but the price hasen't dropped yet on them.

ap

i have using an onboard sound card, how does an Audigy help.
is there a difference if my continue to use my ear phones in conjunction with an audigy 2 card

hey do u think a 2.6 ghz with 400mhz front side bus, 256 mb shared ddr at 333mhz, 40gb ultra ATA/100 7200 rpm hard drive, windows xp, integrated intel 3D extreme graphics card, 17 inch e773 monitor, 48x cd/rw drive... is good for 700 dollars canadian which is what like 450 american is a good deal???

paul_kerslake said:
hey do u think a 2.6 ghz with 400mhz front side bus, 256 mb shared ddr at 333mhz, 40gb ultra ATA/100 7200 rpm hard drive, windows xp, integrated intel 3D extreme graphics card, 17 inch e773 monitor, 48x cd/rw drive... is good for 700 dollars canadian which is what like 450 american is a good deal???

2.6 P4 pentium?

Price seems good to me.

ap

This is pretty horrible help, that's if you're going to keep blabing back and fourth on who is the biggest newbie to the trade. The fact is, I'm the biggest newb and I need the most help. So dammit, help me instead of your *****ing, alright? As I stated before, I don't need an above average video card, caesar was right. I do however already have a decent set of speakers bought a couple months ago that I'm quite keen with. I'm more into the fact of gettting good RAM/HD/MB/Processor and Disk Drive. That's all I'm really looking for, the case I can likely find on my own. I want something that I can mod myself, or have it already come with a window..ect. Alls I need in a case is a good power supply and ample room for all my hardware.
Anyways, those of you who were trying to help, thanks.
Those of you who where *****ing, take it else wheres.

crucial RAM: 512 megs of 400 MHz or 1 gig
Processor 2.8 GHz intel P4 or better, dont know what the amd quivalent is AMD2800 ?
i am not sure about 64 bit processors, since there are no apps which are 64 bit around. and these processors switch to 32 bit mode, perhaps in 3 years when you are looking for a new machine yo uwould go for a 64 bit processor.

MOBO: asustek,gigabyte(gigabyte's support sucks, all the drivers are online though)

HD: WD, perhaps you should go for one of those SATA drives, you can get them going at 150 MBps whereas the PATA drives(ATA's) go max at 100 Mbps. seagate and maxtor are good too.
do not go for a samsung drive, they suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom