usb 2.0/firewire combo card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmightypuff

Beta member
i recently installed a firewire usb combo card so i can dl my videos via firewire from my camcorder. i now have 4 realtime clock explanation points and a system interupt controller explaination mark. the card did work for a while, but now it doesnt. i cant find the drivers anywhere. anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

you need to adjust the IRQ's , I/O addresses, and DMA's so that they dont conflict with eachother that will cause problems.

it is not an irq problem. there suddenly are no drivers installed. i looked on all my disks, windows, motherboard, etc, and cannot find drivers for anything.

try searching the net to find the drivers. if you give me the exact make and model i can find them for you. and can you verify that its not a conflict by going into device manager and checking the resources tab of the device to make sure that it has no conflicts. and another thing what OS are you running?

i am running winxp home with all updates, matsonic ms9377c+ main board, and the card itself is a ali m5271 pci usb 2.0 / firewire. when i got to the resources, it says "the device is not useing any resources because it has a problem" for some reason, when i installed it originally, it worked great, because i dl'ed my disney vacation videos from my dvc camcorder, but now i cant get it to work anymore, and i get those conflicts. when i remove the card from the pci slot, the problems dissapear. im wondering if its not the card and is actually the board, although all the other pci devices are working properly.

b.t.w. if i move the card to a different slot, i get the same problems. thank you for any assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom