Alienware laptops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsikan

Solid State Member
Ok, so I am thinking of buying an alienware laptop... I am guessing many people here won't like the idea, and I open to suggestions for a better company that offers 19"/17" gaming laptops (I live in the UK though).

Anyway, I'm looking at the Aurora™ mALX system...the big 19" one that is redicolously expensive...and I have a few questions that I have not been able to find the answer to.

Firstly, how does the processor:
AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile ML44 2.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache
fare against a Core 2 duo, or other new processors in the market.

2) Will the processor act as a bottleneck for the graphics cards?
Dual 256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GTX - SLI Technology
Dual 512MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GTX SLI Enabled

And finally, do you think that this pc would be able to last me for playing new games for 3/4 years, with either the graphics cards mentioned above or even a single NVIDIA GeForce 7900 Go GTX 512MB?

Thank you in advance.
James

I would do some serious searching before you conclude to buying a WAY over the top Dell... yes, if you didn't know that... Dell bought out Alienware. Still uses the name but it's owned by dell.... no biggie there

But you can get a better deal by just doing some research on different sites... Newegg alond let's you break down (advanced search) the different parts and what not...

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=32

Thank you for that, I'll have a good look at that website in a couple of hours although I am always a bit worries when I see $ signs because I am not sure how their warranty works in the UK or even they ship to the UK.

Still, does anyone know if the AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile ML44 2.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache is more powerful than a new Core 2 duo. If it wasn't I wouldn't bother to even look at this unitl they upgrade them.

I was just using Newegg for reference. but I guess your wanting something that is mobile? for the money your would shell out for a lappy like that, you could build a h3ll of a desktop machine and probably still have money left over.

Read some of the stickies on top of the forum pages. some of them go into detail about the different chips, and also do a search within the sections as well... most of you answers are there.

Ok, thank you I'll have a look at those. Also yes, the plan is to be able to move the laptop easily if neccessary but still be able to use it as a powerfull desktop replacement.

oooooooo desktop replacement, I dont know of many mobiles that can do that. well like how mobile do you need to be?? cause they have some destop cases that are like the size of a large shoe box. they just have a handle on them. But you would still have problems with keyboard mouse, and monitor.

I think it needs to be more mobile than a shoe box with a monitor and keyboard because I will probably need to use it at some point on my university course in different locations as a stand alone system. If I find out I don't need to do that, that's a pretty good idea since I have a spare monitor, I could have one at home and one at uni and just carry the "shoe box" from one to the other... I guess I'll just wait and shop around a bit more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom