Is this alright for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLOODY_BRUM_BAS said:
prehaps i need to have a rethink then.

so im best having a 7900gt with a dual core 2, thats gonna cost me more than what i originally had isn't it?

didnt alias post something already?

yes thats what you want...core2duo are very well priced..same as am2 systems..

vaderpro said:
Yep, yep.....but u got those arrows backwards:

pentium4 < athlon (939) < athlon (AM2) < core2 duo

or

core2 duo > athlon (am2) > athlon (939) > pentium4

lol ya.. thats what i meant :D

BLOODY_BRUM_BAS said:
prehaps i need to have a rethink then.

so im best having a 7900gt with a dual core 2, thats gonna cost me more than what i originally had isn't it?

it seems to me that it'll cost you around the same if you decide to build the pc yourself. have a look at this guide and see if it seems easy enough to do it yourself...

http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=2

I think I've made up my mind now!!

Im gonna go for the INTEL® CORE® 2 DUO E6400 with a 7900GT.

Thanks aliasaid for your ideas, i'm still gonna get a company to build it though, i don't mind paying that little extra just to make sure its been done properly.

The price you gave me was good but on top of that i had to put on a case, cd/dvd writer, decent psu, windows, etc.

So all in all it works out about the same andway, about £900!!

BLOODY_BRUM_BAS said:
I think I've made up my mind now!!

Im gonna go for the INTEL® CORE® 2 DUO E6400 with a 7900GT.

Thanks aliasaid for your ideas, i'm still gonna get a company to build it though, i don't mind paying that little extra just to make sure its been done properly.

The price you gave me was good but on top of that i had to put on a case, cd/dvd writer, decent psu, windows, etc.

So all in all it works out about the same andway, about £900!!

Good going mate!

That's the setup I went with. The CPU/MoBo/RAM will be here in a couple of days.

Note: The Asus P5B Deluxe has been reviewed as a good board for OC'ing. Evidently a newer BIOS will unlock added overhead for Overclocking:

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2822

Good Luck, and enjoy!

Nice build, I will be putting my computer up for sale in the coming weeks now that school is back and if it sells I will build myself a conroe rig, if it doesn't then I will upgrade when the R600 and G80s come.

Oh and Conroe, I was about to throttle you before I realized you were joking =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom