Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
would a 400W power supply be enough for this setup?
MoBo - Abit NF7-S
CPU - AMD XP 2500+ RETAIL BOX (BARTON CORE) 333MHZ FSB
HDD - Hitachi DESKSTAR 180GXP Vancouver II 80.0GB
VID - GE-CUBE ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128mb TV out/DVI
RAM - 256mb DDR RAM PC-3200 KINGMAX 400mhz CAS-2.5 SUPER RAM

yeah...i'm looking for a new case, particularly a thermalktake SKULL Xaser III VM3000 and i'm probly gonna get it w/o a costly PSU and just swap out the stock one from my old case. would that likely be enough power for everything inside the case plus whatever power the actual components of the case (i.e. lcd display, lights, etc.)?

what is the power of your stock one?

I have the V2000 case with 4 fans, 2 cathodes, EL case thingy and a fan controller and it all runs fine off of a 350W PSU.

not sure. i don't have the manual w/me, but i have an EMachines t3025 (v) if that helps :/

i had a 350 watt PSU in it. But 1 thing. If you want it to look neat your gonna need to get wire extensions. Thats what i needed to do becuase the case is bigger then a stock case. If you dont. the wires will be hanging in the middle of the case. I think thats y they reccomend thermaltake PSU's. But i mean i got a antec 550 watt PSU and the wires are longer. Just make sure your PSU has long wires and if not, u can get extensions for like 1.25 each.

I wouldnt go any lower than 400Ws. You may even want to go up to a 450W if you plan on having lots of fans or other misc things running off that PwS. Otherwise it looks as if it will do the job fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom