Speedtouch 530

Status
Not open for further replies.

guy101

Baseband Member
I have a speedtouch 530 dsl modem and i was wondering if you can have 2 computers connected to the internet, one by USB one by ETHERNET?
thanx for any help

how many ports does your speedtouch 530 have
i have got speedtouch 510, it's got 4 ethernet ports

i dont have dsl modem but i have a cable one the usb port is for the usb ethernet adapter (if for some reason u have no ethernet card but you have a usb adapter

ive got my laptop connected to the USB because it has no ethernet, and i want to plug my pc into the ethernet so they can both go on the net at the same time

i dont think that will be possible. The two ports are just two diff options to connect. I would think that you would not beable to pull the same IP address from the cable modem. You can get a hub or router. some of them have ethernet and usb on them. If you are renting your cable modem , you can send it back and get one with both. http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=67#

well when i plug pcs in to both the ethernet and USB, the connection lights go on.
i looked up the modem and it said you can have both connected at the same time, so i was just checking if any1 has this modem and has done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom