no onboard vid card how to work a pci card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyroo89

Baseband Member
well im making a pc this old one as you seen in my other theads about it and there no onboard vid card so i found one from another pc a nvidia geforce 2 mx 200 and im guessing not a good gfx card and its pci card and iwaswondering how do i get it working sicne i cant install it without seeing whats on my screen plz help me

When you connect the PCI card it will show up something on the screen....just maybe not the right colors or something, because there are no drivers installed yet.

just hook it up and you will see something. after you get windows and stuff installed just get the drivers from nvidia. then you will be set.

^^^ Ditto.

Just be sure to unplug the computer before you install it.

adn touch the case before you do anything, you dont want static on you. i forgot one time sure enough, it sparked. nothign happened but do it anyway.

goblue14 said:
just hook it up and you will see something. after you get windows and stuff installed just get the drivers from nvidia. then you will be set.

how logn do i wait? b/c its stayred and little yellow dots and icant see any thing jsut the colors do i burn the nvidia driver software on a cd and put it in the cd thing and let it install itself?

just restart. that always works for me. see if its in all the way. and check to see if it works well in an other computer. it will be in 640x480 adn 16 colors. just keep trying.

edit: and make sure that the analog connection was in all the way. when its loose, its tends to mess up the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom