Built new computer, no picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just one very short blip sound. not even really a beep. If i didn't have the case cover off, i probably wouldn't be able to hear it. i'm a little unsure what you meant about the testing. Thanks for the help.

beeler311 - please let me know if you have any success. I have a similar problem.

Thanks
Gary

I think I have the same damn problem. A friend of mine built a computer tower for me, and it was working for him. He mailed it to me, it suffered some superficial damage (dent in the exterior and plastic attachments which attach the face of the tower to the body are all broken, so that the face is only attached by the wires that feed the power/reset buttons). Anyways, I tried to use the new system (P4 1.8?Ghz, WinXP) with my old monitor and, although the system appears to be booting (all fans come on and beeps), my monitor remains blank with power.

I called a support person for my monitor and she suggested that the monitor might not be compatable. So I've since tried my new system with a newer Dell monitor and I have the same problem. When it's plugged in the monitor light goes yellow. When I unplug it, it goes green and says "no signal."

My new system also has a GEForce4 TI4400 graphics card and I suspect this might be part of the problem, but it seems to be plugged in properly and the fan on it is running.

What else can I do?

What is this problem plaguing us?

its must be the graphics cards, the motherboards speaker is responding correctly, or it may be the monitor, some tfts are funny about the pc being switched on before it

Specs are:

Albatron k8x800 motherboard
pc3200 ddram
western digital 7200 rpm 80 gig hd
nvidea 5900xt 256mb/256 bit video card
amd athlon 64 3000+ processor.

I tried taking everything out but it still did the same thing. Someone suggested that the plug in the first picture is supposed to go to something. It is a 6 pin plug. There is only 1 of them. The processor fan was hooked up correctly. Thanks a lot guys. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom