Help with graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Hello everyone, my 7900gt KO was always at 38c-41c when playing World of Warcraft all day-all night.

Now this morning the tempatures went up drastically to 50-54c?

Been having this card for only about 3 weeks? Does it get hotter as it gets older or how can I fix it?

Right now Ive been playing WoW and the temp is at 54c?

It use to be at 39-41c while playing...

bmxfreakrider said:
rma it, if thats the temp at idle. wait, its a ko, so declock it, that will help

No. Jayvon dont listen to this guy.

Your tempeture is perfectly fine.

Your on a stock cooler and its whats expected. Really start to worry when it gets into the 80 range. other then that its fine.

My guess is maybe a climate change, but I doubt it could drastically change the tempture that much.

What program are you using to monitor the tempetures?

I wouldn't worry about it, could just be the initial settling, at first it might of read false temperatures or something.

My 6800 can get to about 80 degrees celcius sometimes, although the 6 series cards generally take higher temperatures better than the 7.

Don't worry about it is what I'd do, 50 degrees is not very hot, the shutoff is probably 120 degrees.

Even if it does break, as long as you havn't tampered with the card you can return it, it probably has a lifetime or at least 2 year warranty.

See the thing is I have a VF-900 fan on it? So out of no where the temps. drastically went up. It kind of makes me wonder and worry whats wrong.

So do you guys think the Fan went dead and I should return it to get a new one? Or is it the 7900gt ko? Its been playing games fine, but I dont know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom