Longhorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what?! forget that i'll just stick with my "corporate" version of xp-pro and my 2.57 terrabytes of pr0n. MS can bite me :surprised

roho said:
dont even think about adult material

actually longhorn is pretty nice, but its not only 64 bit, it supports all x86 processers and all 64 bits as well, not bad, just hard to get ahold of

ekÆsine said:
what?! forget that i'll just stick with my "corporate" version of xp-pro and my 2.57 terrabytes of pr0n. MS can bite me :surprised

2.57TB o_O that is SO Overkill

BOO FOR MICROSOFT!!!!!!

yea ill be linux guy too if they incorporate that trusted computing crap into windows, thats like a privicy violation...

i'm thinking that Windows XP Pro will be the last Microsuck OS i will ever use. i'm currently using Windows 2000 Pro (the best MS OS ever) and Mandrake 9.2 but thinking of changing to SuSe. i just wish that more audio software would be available for Linux. very soon though, veeerry soonnnn..........

You need to read further in the article,, open source will not be left out of the TC ruling,,, according to the article ,, Open source with the GPL will have to conform to the TC rules of use,, and that will incur code structure to conform ,, and licenses to be paid,,

to me that equals NOT SO OPEN anymore,, so if i want to stay with my Linux,, I need to have a copy that has conforming source code,, which puts me right back to where I dont want to be,,, OPPRESSED!,,

if i dont,, all of TC regulated software will ignore me,,,

Why does George Orwell come to mind when I read this??

And are politicians so blinded by corporate greed that they overlook their justification of position>> looking out for the rights and freedoms of the underpriveleged??

Man ,, american business eithics really suck!!

1984 anyone?
M$ Cant win
they are outnumbered massively
XP may very well be the last piece of M$ Software that I use

roho said:
Its a breech of civil liberties...an OS that will stop you doing anything that M$ and its buddies sees unfit for you (and their wallets).

The OS uses TC (trusted computing) which is like a super DRM, so no more running *back ups* of apps.. no more downloading of *unfit* material (unliscenced mp3s/avi's/etc.......dont even think about *adult material*)...... no more everything....be warned. Its phones home and checks EVERYTHING is legit.....and you cant turn it off.

Read more:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

From a business point of view it will be fantastic.......from an individuals point of view it is EVIL......(or should that be SAINTLY?)....

........allegedly.

lol. Im not sure about this but when i got longhorn, one of the things it said to do is turn off this feature called parental control. It said the desctiption of it says " provides parental auditing of users on the system". But i turned that off so hopefully they wont catch me with adult material.. oops i mean um DLing music doh i mean Dling videos.. dammit cant do that eaither. Hopefully they wont catch me browsing the internet?

i guess we'll just have to use the computers we're using right now for the rest of our lives

what law would MAKE linux conform to there "secure system" ?

isnt this a free country, or didnt i get that memo?

I'm sure that there are people that can always potentially monitor which sites I goto. And to tell you the truth, I don't really mind. I have enough security involved that it's not a big deal. But, what I do know that.....with experience.....ANYTHING that can be created or developed, CAN and eventually WILL be broken. M$ or any other major software company doesn't scare me. This is what they ARE TRYING TO DO HERE! They want their users to be scared and obey the rules AT ALL TIMES. Truth is, todays world just isn't like that......
The more people that they try to scare...the more people get curious about breaking it.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom