amd atlon 64 3500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

Something important that people always seem to miss is the HT frequency. If you're overclocking, do not leave it at 1000MHz! Right now, I've got mine at 400MHz, mainly because my RAM is so slow. But for someone with PC3200 RAM, I'd suggest around 600MHz I guess. This will definately make your overclock more stable.

EDIT: And that'd better be sarcasm, Norcent. You'd never notice a difference with a FSB increase of 1MHz. I'm talking like a 50MHz FSB increase. :rolleyes:

1 Mhz ?! :amazed: .. you serious or a typo?
But yeh you need to oc fsb to like 50 Mhz to spot a nice difference

yeah i am serious.
Ok i will overclock alot more than.

I found the ht frequency but it wasn't in Mhz.

I updated the fsp to 210 and didn't get a screen to come up so i had to clear the bios and i am never overclocking my cpu again.

I thought for sure i fried the cpu. till i cleared the c-mos.

.. You shouldn't say I'll never oc or w/e you said the post above just because windows didn't boot up it's totally normal and has probably happened to every ocer, you totally sure you set a ram divider, upped voltage by a bit / maybe upped ram voltage by a bit.
My pc didn't even turn on when I set my fsb to 218 but then I set a ram divider and upped cpu voltage by like .5 and it booted up perfectly with stability.

Pm me if you need any help - give it another go!!

Mm.. okay a ram divider is basically having a ratio of cpu speed : ram speed.
This is to allow your ram to keep up with the cpu speed or whatever since when you oc, your ram tends to be the first thing that hits the oc limit.
You can set a ram divider by lowering the speed of the RAM

These are the speeds that come with pc3200 ddr400 RAM i think [need to double check]
200 MHZ [1:1, for every 1mhz of cpu speed ram runs at 1 mhz or something along those lines so it's basically no divider here]
166 MHZ
133 MHZ
100 MHZ

Some motherboards also give speeds like 186 MHZ and stuff inbetween for other dividers.
Sorry, can't explain this any further or give any in-depth info since this is all I remember from reading oc stickies but it should be a brief overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom