Last minute changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Ok I am very close to ordering my new gaming pc from ibuypower.com They have cut their AMD setup pricing yet again, so it is a better time than ever to go AM2 to me.

Here it is:

Nzxt Apollo Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black More Options
Cold Cathode Neon Light Blue More Options
** iBUYPOWER Recommended ** NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply
[Socket-AM2] AMD Athlon™64 X2 4600+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink
GigaByte GA-M55SLI-S4 nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Audio, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB
2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand More Options
ATI Radeon x1900XTX 512mb PCI-E
250 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache]
[** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black More Options
Creative Lab Sound Blaster X-Fi
600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
Logitec keyboard and mouse

Price= $1,255

I have three questions:

1. Look at everything in there. What do you think about the whole setup in general? Don't suggest Conroe please, in my opinion this deal is very good as it is.

2. Look at the sound card. Does it look pretty neat? I don't think I've ever been on a pc with it's own sound card. I'm assuming this will sound alot better. Does this put out good enough signals to produce rich bass and clear sound?

3. Look at the speakers. All I want is a 2.1 setup because the dimensions of my room are very inconvinient for a 5.1 system. I noticed this says 600 watts PMPO. I googled "PMPO" and it said that the PMPO number is the amount of watts that is capable of being produced under perfect conditions. This is nearly impossible to do. Do you think these speakers will be any good anyway? How about bass-wise?

As you can tell, I am alot more concerned about #3 than I am about the other two lol. I'm a sound freak. In fact, before the AMD systems dropped like a rock, I was thinking about just getting a powerful subwoofer system for my truck. But now I want a pc again. So I might as well full fill my thirst for good sound and lots of bass while I'm at it.

1. Looks good to me...

2. Very good sound card.

3. since you really don't know what they are.. get em then try them out... if they are not your liking then get another set. If you have the option to buy a certain set, then maybe Logitech 5300/5500/2300??
I have the Z-680's and they sound SWEET! righ bass (little loose at times) but over all I'm impressed... and they are what the Z-5500 replaced.

Yeah the 600W PMPO is the only 2.1 speakers offered. And if I were to select "none" for speakers, the price would only drop by $4. So I might as well give it a try.

Hey I always wondered. With the soundcard I selected, can you adjust things like treble and bass signals being put out from the sound card to the speakers? That always helps.

i use a $280 5.1 dolby pro logic surround with my computer and no sound card installed, sound frikin insane, i never thought of having to use a sound card, there is an equalizer in itunes.....

well, i do have a a8n32 deluxe mobo that came with airack or w/e a programn i dont use, i dont know if that makes it sound any better(i seriously doubt),its to adjust the strength of each speaker in the room, so if your mobo diddnt come with any of that then i gues u gotat go that route

guys the price is wierd cause a 4600 is like $200 now :p

i'll tell you now... sound cards are a great investment... i noticed a huge difference between onbaord and my x-fi.. the clarity is amazing.. bass output probably just about doubled at lower volumes.. this xfi is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom