Rig by Tech Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there both Serial ATA150. Those are smaller cables then the IDE right? Also my last question would be, OEM or Retail? Does it matter?

OEM means that sometimes it's not coming with all the parts. in this case it might not come with the SATA cables. I never worry about that cause I have a bazillion of them, but youmight want to make sure you have some first, just in case...

I also agree on the card issue.. 7600T at least. the 512MB is not all that much if you don't have the Mhz and pipes to back it up. that 6800XT isn't bad... just dated. but if your waiting around for the latest and greatest come DX10 and Vista, then it'll hold you over...

Processor: AMD 3800+ X2
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe
Ram: OCZ Gold 2x1 gig
Video Card: evga 7600gt
Hard drive: WD 400 SE
DVD burner: Samsung lightscribe
Power supply: corsair 520 w

this comes to about a grand leaving u with 300 or so left to spend (assuming u dont need a monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, or case), suggestions are as followed:
- get a conroe + conroe board and drop the amd combo (gives an average of a 30 or so percent increase in overall performance) a e6600 + some conroe enabled board and your off to go
- the more expensive wireless edition of the asus m2n-sli board
- upgrade videocard to a 7900gt (x1900xt is better but mobo isn't crossfire enabled)
- another 400 gigs perhaps xD
- get another dvd burner or a dedicated cd burner to have dual drives
- could get a 150 gig raptor
- if you dont trust corsair as a psu manu. pick enermax or pcpowerandcooling both very trusted brands
- save 300 bucks for emergency uses
- spend it on your GIRLFRIEND!!!
- give it to the homeless
- get volcano insurance
- no more suggestions as trotter will ban me lol

Ok so I went ahead and bought the M2N-Deluxe non WiFi, and the 6800xt. After a bit of consideration I decided that the 6800xt would be good enough to hold me over till Vista DX10 arrive. So I should be getting the Video Card and MoBo on Wednesday and I'll also finish up buying the rest of my stuff on Wednesday.
One last question, I watch a lot of movies, and plan on hooking my computer to my TV so I can have friends watch movies at my house. Do I not need a sound card for that? Or would a stereo reciever work?

wait for sound right?? if you have a sepereate stero with your tv that has RCA inputs, then you need a Y connector. Bassically its has a headphone jack on one end and a red and white plug on the other.

HD 1: WD Raptor 36.7gb 10k

Are you only installing windows on this drive or something?.. If you plan to install any decent amount of games and/or programs (not to mention windows should be on this hd).. Upgrade to a 80gig raptor if not larger.. 40gig or less gets used with like 1 game nowdays.

Nukem said:
OEM means that sometimes it's not coming with all the parts. in this case it might not come with the SATA cables. I never worry about that cause I have a bazillion of them, but youmight want to make sure you have some first, just in case...

I also agree on the card issue.. 7600T at least. the 512MB is not all that much if you don't have the Mhz and pipes to back it up. that 6800XT isn't bad... just dated. but if your waiting around for the latest and greatest come DX10 and Vista, then it'll hold you over...

I was going to quote the top part of the post only, and say that your mobo should come with the cables needed anway, but after reading the second half, i must quote it, too, for it's helpfulness. Definitely agree with upping the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom