Graphics card help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squall2

Beta member
hey,

i recently braught a ATI raedon 9250 so i could play Black and White 2 on my pc. The person who i braught it off said it would last me a while so i took his word for it. It turns out its crp and can hardly run any of the new or up coming games. i really want to play the elder scrolls 4 : oblivion. can anyone recomend a good graphics card that WILL last me at least a year. my budget is not big at all and will have to look on ebay (unliess anyone has any good shops). max £100, looking really for one aobut £60.
I have been recomended a Geforce 6600 GT AGP (i do not have PCI) is this card good and will it last me a while?

any help is appreciated, thanks.

what kind of computer do you have? mobo? psu? etc... I see that you have AGP, getting an updated card will be good as long as your PSU can handle it. but a 6600GT AGP is an ok budget card. I think at this stage if you could find a 6800gs/gt that would last you a while longer than the 6600 would.

i think a good one is the ATI X1300 Pro... very cheap just bought mine for 130 CAD... it's been reviewed quite well and i think may out perform the 6600, however i'd have to go back to the review :\ i also believe it is available in agp.. just a suggestion tho, as i'm no guru, i just read reviews, lol

What motherboard do you have? Is it 8xagp or 4xagp. You have to consider the entire system not just the video card. Do you have 1gb of ram? At least a 2.6 ghz p4 (800fsb) or at least an athlon xp 3000+? If you only have a 4x agp slot then forget about it.

EDIT,,, - Three replies in less than a minute and I came in last, lol

how do u find out what it is? im sure its 8x at least. i have 1 gig ram. its only xp 2400+ but its not over clocked or anything (i dont have a clue how to do anything like that). do u know where i can then get a dead cheap mother board?

run a program called CPUZ and look at all the tabs... in there it wil tell you what type of ram you have, hopefully what kind of mobo, and CPU, also what AGP slot type you have... 4x or 8x... etc...

i ran a program called dxdiag and that tells me some stuff on what i need. it doesnt tell me the X speed. i then ran cpuz and it gives me my core speed and then multiplyer which is 15X.

nothing else of much use:

mother board chipset: VIA KT400 (VT8377)
bios virsion: 6.00
133mhz
DDR 1024mb ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom