Processor & Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Chiptech Systems its an old beige one but I don't know the model/number

Has anyone else had this situation and knows whether a larger or smaller motherboard can fit and if it can be placed where the screw holes are?

most mobo holes in any case will fit just about any board. if it staes it will fit ATX, Matx, BTX, etc.. then it should fit. Now there are some makers who don't like to do things to a standard, but there asre not that many out there... I would think it would work as long as it will fit an ATX board

endemic said:
I am planning to get the AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Processor but I still can't decide which is the best motherboard but my case might be too small, the dimensions of my case are 17.75Length x 6Width x 16.5Height and also I don't know if the motherboard will be able to be placed where the holes to screw it in are, the motherboard which I was thinking of is Gigabyte GA-M555SLI-S4

So I remeasured and realized that the motherboard is actually 8.5" x 12" and it looks like there is an extra pair of holes for a standard ATX motherboard to fit, now the thing is if I will have enough space to work with when I install the new motherboard because it would be about barely less than an inch away from my hard drives and cd drive. But I was also thinkg of getting this motherboard instead the Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G since this one and my current one are about the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom