watercooling: anti-freeze or distilled water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cwiz said:
it really doesnt matter.... antifreeze allows the heat to be removed more easily by your radiator but it causes the fluid to hold less heat than pure water so.... its a trade off.

Completely backwards, anything added to water negatively affects the heat absorbtion.

9:1 water/antifreeze sounds great. Good luck.

i pity the fool who buys the uv green dye from a store. i just added a 4 fluid oz. bottle of antifreeze that i had, and now my entire loop is uv green. i wonder y its uv?? i dont think that cars/trucks care if their fluid looks cool

haha I can tell noooobody here knows anything about cars either. Anti-freeze is just that, Anti-freeze. It keeps your car's coolant system from freezing rock solid in the cold winter months. Its secondary roll is to preven corrosion, but you can get a pint of corrosion inhibitor and add that has the same effect and changes almost no other characteristics of the water.

And its not UV green. Its kind of like a fiberoptics effect that makes it look like its glowing, but it doesn't actually react with UV lights.

but it does react with uv lights, when its dark in my room in about 8 hours ill take a pic w/ the uv on.

The other reason there is Anti-Freeze, is probably the most important, to prevent Algae and other microbes in you fluid developing and living inside you water cooling system.

Ruan

cedjunior said:
haha I can tell noooobody here knows anything about cars either. Anti-freeze is just that, Anti-freeze. It keeps your car's coolant system from freezing rock solid in the cold winter months. Its secondary roll is to preven corrosion, but you can get a pint of corrosion inhibitor and add that has the same effect and changes almost no other characteristics of the water.

And its not UV green. Its kind of like a fiberoptics effect that makes it look like its glowing, but it doesn't actually react with UV lights.

Antifreeze also lubes the pump and enhances its life. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom