NVIDIA FTW! In your face ATi! HAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
OMG, how is it an unfair comparison? ATi's top-of-the-line card gets own3d by nVidia's top-of-the-line card. It's that simple.

It is an unfair comparison. The cards are the flagship GPU's, but they aren't in the same category. The 7950GX2 has no competition from ATi in a single card package.

then it's ATI's fault for calling their card anything with a "50" in it. I thought it was dual GPU for the longest time.

BennyV04988 said:
then it's ATI's fault for calling their card anything with a "50" in it. I thought it was dual GPU for the longest time.
no, it hasn't got two GPU's. but it is better than the X1900's. at the same time, it's not a new generation of card either. so it can't be called an X2800.

so what else appart from X1950 makes sense?
also remember ATI did make an X850, after the X800

BennyV04988 said:

The 50 was necesary on the 7950GX2 because they already had a 7900GX2. The only thing that labeled it as a dual GPU was GX2, not the "50". The "50" has been used since back in the 5-series with the FX5950.

BennyV04988 said:

Then maybe you can do some research online and see that it ins't. :rolleyes:

It's not ATI's fault people can't find out information by themselves.

AnthraX said:
It is an unfair comparison. The cards are the flagship GPU's, but they aren't in the same category. The 7950GX2 has no competition from ATi in a single card package.

Have you people gone mad? This is like saying the FX-62 and the X6800 isn't a fair comparison. AMD's top-of-the-line gets own3d by Intel's top-of-the-line.

What you people don't understand is that the specs don't matter, two PCB's, two GPU's, less or more ram, it doesn't matter. They are direct competitors, X1950XTX and 7950GX2, they are both in the same catergory, and Nvidia is owning ATi. It doesn't matter if ones a dual GPU and ones not, thats ATi's fault, but they are direct competitors and they are both flagship GPU's and one owns the other.

The end, MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, OMG.

The General said:
MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, OMG.

You sounded like a teenage girl ranting at this part, lmao. :laughing: :laughing:

But your point is valid. I want to see the R600 cards vs the G80s before I say "ATI" owns "nVidia" or the other way around.

The General said:
Have you people gone mad? This is like saying the FX-62 and the X6800 isn't a fair comparison. AMD's top-of-the-line gets own3d by Intel's top-of-the-line.

What you people don't understand is that the specs don't matter, two PCB's, two GPU's, less or more ram, it doesn't matter. They are direct competitors, X1950XTX and 7950GX2, they are both in the same catergory, and Nvidia is owning ATi. It doesn't matter if ones a dual GPU and ones not, thats ATi's fault, but they are direct competitors and they are both flagship GPU's and one owns the other.

The end, MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, OMG.

The only thing that makes them in the same category is they are flagship video cards. They are not in the same category for price ($550-$600 vs. $450) and one is a dual GPU and the other is a single GPU. The 7900GTX is the direct competitor to the X1950XTX. Both are priced about the same, and specs are similar. The comparison just shows that Nvidia has a better flagship video card, not that they have a better price/performance ratio, and that is what really matters these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom