gonna sound crazyy but just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunid147

Beta member
ok so basically just wanted to know whether this is possible is there an alternative available, i saw in a mag a while bak which obviosly donthav no more wat it looked like was a car head unit in the place of a IDE Drive used as a cd rom im guessing. Wat wanted to know was wud it be possible to stick car head unit into a standard pc tower, hopefully theres an answer lol thank you

well the idea was maybe use it as a normal cdrom but also added style with like the rest of the case mods neons n sound activated perhaps, maybe use it to power more speakers, but im guessing there must be power issues but surely these can be sorted no?

Well, you'd need the connector and circuit diagrams for the head unit, but as it runs of +12v DC (Car Voltage) it will run in a PC quite happily, although i think the DIN Head Unit size is just slightly larger that 5 1/2" CD drve bay

Most aftermarket radios are single DIN which have face dimensions of 50mm (2 inches) tall by 180mm (7 inches) wide.

That is from a HU website, so it is quite a bit larger than you bay, my case is only 190mm wide, so it would be a big dremel job, but get a nice wide case, and im SURE you could get it to work, and it would look lush, just a few under neons, a spoiler, and an exhaust the size of Russia, and your'e all done!

Ruan

lmao, yea u dont need an amp most head units have the wires for atleast 50Wx4 speakers and a good ground and a 12v and ur about all set, im not sure about a ide connection but go solder or somethin lol
thats alot of wires thier

You wouldn't be able to hook it to your motorboard and use it as a normal cdrom, just as an audio cd / mp3 player / amplifier for speakers. Cool idea though.

actually yea dremel sorted then lol get the thing powered use my existing s750 aswell but then sumtimes use my other setup of not so powerful but crisp sound with a basic setup, then perhaps move to something bigger and more pimped like http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product.asp?product=20856 the heat wil be huge if i use amps n etc but ive actually seen copper heat sink amps, and also teh final thing wud be too use a water cooling system going through but i think the whole idea sounds bit of a dream maybe a wet one jks, but yea lets start with the dremel and see if teh wiring can be done just got get started lol and sounds liek a hugee job tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom