Overclocking 6600GT and 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanjo

In Runtime
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte 6600GT which is clocked at 300 (Core) / 800 (Memory), and a AMD 3200+ Athlon (AM2) (2009Mhz). I want to overclock these, but I am not sure how much to OC them, and I have vTuner 2 and EasyTune 5 as overclocking software. Could you recommed what sort of increase I should be using on these parts?
They have never been overclocked, and there is a standard fan/heatsink on the cpu, and the 'SilentPipe2' tech integrated into the graphics card, In addition to a system fan that came with the case.

Thanks

First of all for cpu overclocking ALWAYS use the bios.

Second, Your new bible Awaits you. Follow that.

As for GPU, the simple stuff is just go by 5 mhz on the core and test, then when it fails back down a little. then bring it back down to normal. then do the same thing wih the memory in 10 mhz.

then Find the sweet spot with both of them.

What would the recommended limit be for a beginner with these particular parts?

There is really no reccomended limit for a beginner, you can try searching around the forums to see what results people have gotten when ocing their 3200+, and you can use those results as a guideline to what you may expect with your ocing.

Read the link Lord Anthrax posted, and you may also want to consider reading the A64 Ocing sticky.

i would expect u can OC ure 3200+ by like 400-500MHz
its been done on stock cooling before
could take some time though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom