Which one? Conroe or AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Okay, I had a thread started inquiring about AM2 MoBo's. I think that I have come to a decision on that aspect of my choices.

I decided to start another thread instead of adding to the previous one as this is an entirely different question. (Moderators, if this breaks protocol, please let me know.)

Now, I have US$700 to spend. Which would you folks do? Please consider that I am only enteraining the idea of AM2 for the imminent arrival of Quad core's from AMD (same socket?) next year.

1)
E6400 1066Mhz FSB LGA775
DFI Infinity 975X skt T (LGA775) Intel 97X QTX

2)
AM2 64 x2 4600 Windsor
DFI Infinity NF UltraII-M2 skt AM2 Nvidia nForce Ultra ZTX

RAM on either will be:
Corsair XMS2 2 x 1GB PC2 6400

I will try to place my order tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

I asume this is an upgrade.
Conroe but if you have sli it will be hard to find a motherborad.
The conroes are much fast than the Amd- fx's. Conroe no mater what and everybody will say the same thing unless they don't know the truth. I like amd better as a company and good products but right now they are defenty are not the best.
This proves it:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2802&p=4

Dr DMoney said:
I asume this is an upgrade.
Conroe but if you have sli it will be hard to find a motherborad.
The conroes are much fast than the Amd- fx's. Conroe no mater what and everybody will say the same thing unless they don't know the truth. I like amd better as a company and good products but right now they are defenty are not the best.
This proves it:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2802&p=4

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, for sheer speed and power Conroe seems to be the way to go. But, IMO AMD has the soul that I like.

For gaming purposes, would there really be that much of a difference between the 2? If the visual difference is negligeable, I'd go with AM2, and as I mentioned I think that the quad-cores are AM2. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom