Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
So now that we have a handful of C2D's on TF, I thought it might be a good idea to have one thread that we can all post our overclock results in.

Please post the following:

Model:
Motherboard:
Vcore:
Cooling:
Stability:

Please post CPU-Z screenshot and proof of stability if applicable.

I will start :p

Model: E6400
Motherboard: DS3
Vcore: 1.56
Cooling: Air - Tower112 w/120mm Fan
Stability: PI 1M

pi1m375wa7.jpg

Model: E6400
Motherboard: DS3
Vcore: 1.575
Cooling: Air - Tower112 w/120mm Fan
Stability: Not so much ;)

38pz7.jpg

wow.. these core 2 duo's overclock like monsters.. i am sure i'll be satisfied with a e6300 now... i'm glad i've waited to see first hand reviews on these forums.. i was considering the e6600, but with the looks of this.. i will settle for the 6300

Well, I had mine a 3.2Ghz, which seems to be the highest I can get it to go. :(
And it wasn't stable at all, I managed to get SuperPI 1M and then it crashed. It seems to be fairly stable at 3Ghz though, as I've been using it at this speed for a couple days and I haven't had any problems...

Model: E6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte "DS3"
Vcore: 1.38
Cooling: Air, the heatsink/fan that were included. :p I have a lot of case fans though, as you can see if you download that pack of images I took of my new case. :)
Stability: SuperPI 1M

untitledss1.jpg

The General said:
Well, I had mine a 3.2Ghz, which seems to be the highest I can get it to go. :(
You have to give it some juice!!! You're only at 1.38 vcore, crank it up and see if it can go higher ;)

idiotec said:
You have to give it some juice!!! You're only at 1.38 vcore, crank it up and see if it can go higher ;)

He's only got stock cooling, so i dont know how well thats gonna work out.

Buy TT Big Typhoon, Zalman CNPS9500, Scythe Ninja, Tuniq Tower-120, any of those will get that cpu close to 4ghz.

4GHz of Conroe...OMG. That's 5.7GHz of AMD!!! I Want a conroe for my next build...Unless AMD can get on the game again.

Yeah I'm gunna get some aftermarket cooling, I just don't have the money right now. And I was just playing F.E.A.R. at full settings and I think my video card overheated, or something, the screen was flashing on and off and F.E.A.R. crashed and I had to restart, I checked the temps and it was at 70c, but I have a 120mm fan blowing right at it! So I think I'm gunna get some AS5, VF900, and a Zalman CNPS9500. Then I'll work on 4Ghz. :)

banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Why didn't anyone tell me to up the voltage? I was being so skimpy! It totally solved my stability problems, Now I am stable at 3.4ghz! I just need better cooling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom