Opinions Needed Inside CLICK NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brady

S e c u r e d
Ok so...

I have to buy a few desktops for my devs at work.

I WILL NOT SPEND THE TIME TO BUILD THEM... SO I beg you not to say... Ummm why not just build yourself...

Ok back on topic.

Have any of you fellow tech nerds "used" or heard of someone using one of the prebuilt sites to order desktops on?

These machines are DEV machines only. No SUPER DOOPER GPU or anything like that... Just atleast a 2gh CPU and 2Gb of RAM....

I can have DELL build them for around $759.00 AFTER TAX...

Remember I need about 5 of these things...

Anyone?

I would recommend doing one of two things:

1) Go to a local shop. This way, if something is faulty in one of the comps that they built for you, you can bring it back to them or even have them come out. When I was working at a University tech dept, we had a local shop build most of our comps. I remember one had a faulty CPU fan, and they came by and replaced it free of charge.

2) Get a Dell. They're cheap, they have warranty, and tech support (to some degree, from what I hear :confused: )

why not just build them yourself :D

seriously, id do what elbatrop said, find a nice local shop, not one where the service and prices suck, and have them build them for you.

ok pretty much exactly what I was thinking... I have a decent relationship with Dell and so the prices are rather decent.

I will check the local shops and compare differences.

Thank you Supor Moderatorbot :D

brady said:
ok pretty much exactly what I was thinking... I have a decent relationship with Dell and so the prices are rather decent.

I will check the local shops and compare differences.

Thank you Supor Moderatorbot :D

Ya no prob. Make sure that if you get them built, to get 2x7900GTs in SLI, cuz even teh n00bs no tat M$ werd wont even runz without tat ;) :D:D:cyclopes::confused:

thinkpad??? wtf, just set one up on newegg, and order in bulk, get the rebates in, and have the local shop build them , but do rebates after about 2 weeks, cause if it breaks then it needs to get rma'ed. besides, if ur good with a pc, it can take up to 30min to build a pc, if u got what u need, know what ur doin, and are good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom