512 DDR 400 Ram not showing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HypnoTECH

Beta member
Hye i bought a 512 DDR 400 ram stick bout a week ago and i just cant seem to find why my computer isnt detecting it.

i already have a 512 DDR 400 same speed installed

atm i know its a Gigabyte Motherboard.
P4 2.8Ghz (Overclocked to 3.23Ghz)
1Gb Ram (only 512 showing!!)
6200GT 256Mb AGPx8...

like yer ****ing the **** outta me cause i really need this ram to work. for my "school, high end video editing, 3d animation, and of course GAMING. **** ME and not being able to play oblivion.. i know it'll run easier with the extra 512 in it..

PLease hope someone can help..

catch as.....He-Man

Boot with the the one that is not "detected"... What happens?

You may also want to use memtest in this situation... You might just have bad ram.

[EDITED]

Bad RAM happens...

umm yer i already tried both ram individually in each slot, just to rule out bad ram and also bad slot. and neither are bad. YET, i just ran CPU-z 2 mins ago and that is detection total of 1024Mb ram. yet anything else (booting and system properties) are showing 512Mb???

ALSO i ran Pc Wizard 2006..
and it says "Physical Memory : 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM )"

umm well yer one game i had.. Flatout .. destruction derby game.. i couldnt play it on top gfx.. with grass n dust n ****. but now i can. BUT!!!! im not sure if i could b4 the gfx card or after?
i think i might have had the gfx card in b4 the new ram.. but i did put them in about 2-3 hours appart.... well ALL programs are detecting 2x 512mb ram. yet no SYStem info on 4 different programs saying it doesnt exist??

ok with the rams 3-3-3-8, and 3-4-4-8 do what actually does that mean?? do they have to be the same numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom