BIOS flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I would like to update my BIOS to the most current, which was released in March 2006. I am extremely scared to do this for I know if it screws up then the mobo is dead.

So, how do I do it? I have NO idea at all what to do. I have a flash program that came with my motherboard, should I use that or do it with a floppy?

Please help.

If you dont know what you are doing and your mobo isnt having any problems, dont fix something that isnt broke. cuz stuff can go wrong during a flash.

My mobo is having problems.

I need something a little more detailed. I don't really want a 70$ paperweight here.

Random yet frequent crashes and BSOD, and graphical errors. I've tried different RAM, and I have a brand new video card. It did it on my old video card too though.

A few reviews on Newegg for my mobo said they had some problems, and a BIOS flash fixed them..which is why I want to flash before I RMA it.

Not to be jumpy, but I'd really like some help on flashing. :)

nah thats fine then flash it lol, it just didnt sound like you had a problem with it on your first post.

just folow what STATUS H2o said, a flash pretty much does eveyrhing itself. you just insert the floppy and when you boot sometimes it will ask you to say yes to flashing you say yes and it just flashes it and reboots on its own and your set.

just be 100% sure that you will no lose power durning the flash and you will be fine.

What floppy? How do I make a floppy? I've seen bits and pieces of posts with all these weird DOS commands...and this is where I get lost.

So I take it it's better to use the floppy and not the flash program?

nah you can use the one that came with your mother board if you can boot into windows to use it, just run the exe file and it will do the rest. a floppy is only good if you cant boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom