CPU thermal paste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arctic Silver is a fine product, and they have solved their problem of electrical conductivity with the production of their AS5. But, the earlier products did have some trouple in that area.

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/thermal_paste/arctic_silver3/index.htm

Negligible electrical conductivity.
Arctic Silver 3 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity. It is only electrically conductive in a thin layer under extreme compression. (While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 3 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. The compound is slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridged two close-proximity electrical paths.)

:D basically what i said.

the reason it is electrically conductive under extreme compression is because the silver particles are close enough to form an electrical bridge. for those of you have done chemistry think of as if they were aqueous ions and it might make sense. they have to be in close enough proximity/high enough concentration to be conductive. anyway back to the point...........

use AS5 (Arctic Silver 5) or Ceramique, follow Arctic Silver's instructions and you can't go wrong :D

nvm I got it. I watched a video and they use a screwdriver to get the 2nd clip on. That was much less stressful. Then the clip needed a lot of pressure too....but I got it. Im prayin that its ok.....lol *sob*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom